- Meet us- In order to discover, how we offer bespoke luxury experiences, to discerning travelers traveling across the Indian sub-continent, be it from arranging a close encounter with wildlife or a Maharaja, to a personal shopper for jewels and designer apparel to exotic therapies culled from ancient Ayurveda to specialised butler & distinctive 24x7 concierge services, do meet us at:
- October 17-19th. ITB Asia, Singapore.
- November 11-16th. Pure Life Experiences, Marrakech, Morocco.
- December 03-08th, ILTM Cannes, France.
- Crown Plaza Cochin Hotel and Resorts have added yet another hotel to their profile-Crowne Plaza Kochi, on the National Highway bypass of Cochin with easy access to the airport, Fort Kochi and the scenic backwaters and beaches. With 269 spacious business rooms and suites, the hotel is all set to open in December 2012.
- A new hotel-Hotel Indana Palace opens in Jodhpur. A modern style heritage hotel with 80 rooms and 8 suites, the hotel is a private retreat for relaxing holiday, conferences, meetings and royal weddings.
- ITC Hotels opens its 600 rooms hotel-ITC Grand Chola in Chennai. It has achieved the coveted distinction of becoming the world’s largest LEED Platinum Certified Hotel in the New Construction category. Its scale and repertoire will be manifest in its myriad offers with accommodation comprising of spacious branded rooms and serviced residences and a business and social offering of up to 100,000 sq feet of premier conferencing and banqueting space with the largest pillar-less ballroom in the City. The leisure proposition will comprise of three Swimming pools and gymnasiums and over 23,000 sq feet of Spa, Wellness and Salon facilities. An extension of the leisure experience will find expression in the soon to open 27,000 sq feet of high-end luxury retail. Complementing these, are a collection of signature Restaurants offering gourmet experiences.
- The Banyan Tree Hotel & Resorts is soon to open Banyan Tree Kerala in 2013. The resort's debut marks the first property in India for Banyan Tree Group. Situated on a private island in the backwaters of southern India's most iconic state, Banyan Tree Kerala is an all-pool villa retreat.
- Dusshera (24 October 2012)
Dussehra (Vijaya Dashami, Dasara, or Dashain) is a Hindu festival that celebrates the victory of good over evil. Many people of the Hindu faith observe Dussehra through special prayer meetings and food offerings to the gods at home or in temples throughout India. They also hold outdoor fairs (melas) and large parades with effigies of Ravana (a mythical king of ancient Sri Lanka). The effigies are burnt on bonfires in the evening. Dussehra is the culmination of the Navaratri festival.
- Durga Puja (16-24 October 2012)
Durga Puja is celebrated with joy all over India, especially West Bengal, in worship of Goddess Durga. Singing, dancing, sweets & gaiety are an integral part of the Durga Pooja Festival. Pandal hopping across the city is one of the must do things while visiting India during Durga Puja. Every Puja pandal in the city has a different look and feel – from innovative idols to decoration.
- Diwali-The festival of lights (13 November 2012)
Diwali is one of the most important festivals of the year and is celebrated in families by performing traditional activities together in their homes. It commemorates the return of Lord Rama, along with Sita and Lakshmana, from his 14-year-long exile and vanquishing the demon-king Ravana. In joyous celebration of the return of their king, the people of Ayodhya, the Capital of Rama, illuminated the kingdom with earthen diyas and by bursting firecrackers
- Pushkar Camel Fair (20-28 November 2012)
Pushkar Cattle Fair is one of India’s most highly rated travel experiences offering an opportunity to witness the colour, spectacle and carnival of the largest fair which brings livestock, farmers, traders and villagers from all over Rajasthan.
- Hornbill Festival, Nagaland (01-07 December 2012)
The weeklong festival unites one and all in Nagaland and people enjoy the colourful performances, crafts, food fairs, games and ceremonies. This festival, named after the globally respected bird-Hornbill, started in the year 2000 to boast 16 major tribes in Nagaland. It is celebrated at KISAMA village, about 12 kms away from Kohima, the capital town of Nagaland.
- Kumbh Mela 2013 (27 January-25 February 2013)
In 2013 from 27th January to 25th February the Purna Kumbh Mela will be held in Allahabad.
The Prayag (Allahabad) Kumbh Mela is the largest and holiest of all melas and is believed to be
the most auspicious. On important bathing dates, lakhs of pilgrims take bath on the banks of
the holy Sangam. The Purna (complete) Kumbh or Maha Kumbh, the biggest and the most
auspicious fair, falls once every 12 years.
- Cultural and other Events
- Musical Extravaganza at the Serai, Jaisalmer: The Serai Jaisalmer is now to host extraordinary complimentary musical evenings from October 2012 to February 2013. An opportunity to discover the melodies and tunes passed down through generations of Manganiar bards as they bring to you the enigma of Rajputana to life through music and the exotic fire dance of Ger. All performed by globally acclaimed artists. Dates of Events: Oct 2nd, 9th, 17th & 24th; November 13th; December 3rd & 13th; January 8th; February 2nd and March 2nd.
- Elephant Ride at Amer during Navratras: In the Navratra period (16th-24th March), a festival dedicated to the worship of a Hindu deity Shakti, the Elephant rides that take you to Amer Fort in Jaipur are to be temporarily closed due to a heavy rush of devotees and visitors.
- Jodhpur Polo Season to begin from 08 December 2012. The entire month will be buzzing tournaments, exhibition matches with leading polo players, Royalty from India and abroad and celebrations and stately dinners.
- The Supreme Court has lifted the ban on tiger tourism in core areas of reserves and sanctuaries. The court asked all authorities to strictly adhere to the guidelines notified by the National Tiger Conservation Authority
and has asked every state to prepare tiger conservation plan within 6 months keeping in mind the NTCA guidelines and submit it to the Centre for approval.
- Sea planes to be introduced in Kerala by February 2013. The three international airports of Kerala i.e. Kochi, Calicut and Thiruvananthapuram will be used for sea planes connectivity. With this introduction, a tourist will be able to ticket themselves from anywhere in the world to any international airport of Kerala and then seamlessly interchange to a sea plane for a destination of their choice like Munnar or Kumarakom.